This process is for learners wanting to revalidate their current valid STA Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations qualification, or convert to this qualification from an acceptable equivalent.
It provides qualified pool plant operators with an alternative to face-to-face courses, saving both time and money and serves to positively help those learners who have issues with course accessibility.
Learners will receive the latest version of STA’s pool plant operations resource e-manual, containing the information required to maintain and operate a pool, spa and interactive water feature plant.
- £100.00 – please contact STA Excel for group bookings.
- Validity of Award
- This qualification is valid for 5 years.
- Approximately 6 hours (Dependent on knowledge, understanding and occupational competence of learner this can vary).
- Practical Assessment:
- Demonstrate the ability to complete pool water tests for pH, free chlorine and total chlorine, and from these results determine the combined chlorine reading
- Results for this task need to be recorded on the ‘Practical Test Record Sheet’
- The tests must be assessed and signed off by a competent person.
- Multiple-choice assessment:
- Completed online and with remote invigilation to ensure the assessment is individually completed by the learner
- 1 hour 35 minute completion time
- Pass marks:
- Unit 1 – 10/13
- Unit 2 – 16/21
- Unit 3 – 7/10
- Unit 4 – 16/22
- Unit 5 – 3/5
- Unit 6 – 6/9.
- Assessment Requirements
- The multiple-choice assessment is hosted by Cirrus, an e-assessment specialist and invigilated by Proctorio, a comprehensive learning integrity platform. You will require the following to complete the assessment:
- Microphone, speaker or headset
- Stable internet connection.
Note: Please check your device is compatible with Proctorio’s system requirements.
To proceed, you will need to upload the following documentation to your application (below). Failure to provide the required information will delay your application.
- Pre-course Application Form
- Your STA Level 3 Award in Pool Plant Operations or accepted equivalent
- Practical Test Record Sheet which must be witnessed and signed off by a competent person (e.g. Level 3 Pool Plant Operations qualified)
- A form of ID (must contain your name and date of birth).
Note: You can download the appropriate forms below.